2nd International Seminar and Workshop
Measuring Thermal Resistivity in Soil and Thermal Backfill
Sponsored by Decagon Devices, Inc. in collaboration with Lab-Ferrer, Spain.
Registration will close on Friday March 30th. Contact us directly after this date for information.
April 10th & 11th, 2012
Hotel 1000 Seattle, Washington USA
- Gaylon Campbell, PhD., Senior Researcher and Engineer, Decagon Devices, Inc.
- Mike Beanland, Senior Electrical Engineer, TriAxis Engineering, Vancouver, WA
- James M. Tinjum, PhD., University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Howard E. "Buzz" Johnson, President and CEO Thermal Energy Corporation, Montrose, CO
Are more of your jobs requiring soil thermal resistivity measurements?
Join us for this comprehensive 2-day seminar and hands-on workshop focused on best practices and new research for measuring thermal resistivity in soil and backfill. Gain knowledge and practice necessary to compete for today's increasing number of underground power projects, such as utilities, data centers, wind, and solar.
Topics will include:
- Principles of heat and moisture transport in soils
- Compiling useful and relevant modeling parameters
- Ampacity calculations/Neher-McGrath
- Factors affecting soil thermal properties: compaction, moisture, temperature, and mineral composition.
- Instrumentation and standards to measure RHO and diffusivity
- Geothermal - importance of thermal conductivity of earth and grout
- Hands-on workshop instruction using Decagon's KD2 Pro Thermal Properties Meter.
HALF-OFF SPECIAL: Have you rented our KD2 Pro and found it valuable? Purchase one before this event and get 50% off your registration!
- 3 nights at Hotel 1000
- 2 continental breakfasts
- 2 lunch buffets
- 2 dinner socials including the famous Seattle Underground Tour.
- Beverage and coffee breaks
- Course pack
- Certificate of Training for the KD2 Pro Thermal Properties Meter
We have secured a discounted block of rooms included in your registration fee. It is not necessary to make your own reservation. Simply register for the seminar and we will do the rest.
Contact Nick Mower