HYPROP is a modular lab instrument that generates a moisture characteristic curve and determines the unsaturated hydraulic conductivity of soil samples in standard 250 ml soil sampling rings. After setup, the system generates the moisture characteristic while running unattended.
Two precision mini-tensiometers measure water potential at different levels within the sample while the sample rests on a precision laboratory scale (2000 gram range; 0.01 gram resolution). As the sample dries, changes in water potential are correlated to changes in moisture content using the Wind/Schindler evaporation method.
Results are verified and values for dry range and saturation are calculated according to a selected model (i.e., van Genuchten/Mualem, Bimodal van Genuchten/Mualem, or Brooks and Corey.) Model parameters can be selected before, during, or after the measurement procedure.
Can be purchased as a complete set-up or à la carte to integrate with existing equipment. (Lab scale requirements: serial connection and measuring range of 2000 g; computer requirements).
The new data evaluation software brings a multitude of significant improvements for the evaluation of the data you obtain from HYPROP evaporation experiment campaigns.
The software also allows the input of data from other water potential instruments such as the WP4C for fitting the soil moisture release curves.
• Easy and flexible handling
• Usage of intact standard sampling rings without perforation
• Tensiometer shafts are installed into the sample from the bottom side
• Low expenditure of time and costs
• Suitable for mobile applications
• High-quality results for the water retention curve especially in the range close to saturation
• The hydraulic functions are consistently proved by numerous readings
• T5x Tensiometers may measure beyond 250 kPa due to boiling retardation
• The mathematical functions are profoundly adapted
• Simultaneous measurement of water retention curve and hydraulic conductivity
• Suitable for all soils (provided Tensiometers can be installed)
• No special requirements for the ambient conditions. Only the evaporation conditions should remain more or less constant during a measurement
• An existing scale with serial port can be connected to the system
• Extendable to up to 20 assemblies for one scale
• The measuring range is limited to the measuring range of the Tensiometers
• Poor resolution of the hydraulic conductivity near saturation (particularly in sandy soils)
Part number 45590
|Measuring range for each Tensiometer||+20 hPa to -1200 hPa / -2500 hPa|
|Accuracy||1.5 hPa (0 hPa to 800 hPa)|
|Case/Dimensions w/out soil sample ring||PA66GFK, h = 60 mm, 80 mm|
Laboratory scale (optional)
|Measuring range||0 to 2.5 kg|
Sensor unit connecting cable
Soil sampling ring, 250 mL
Tensiometer shafts 12.5 mm and 37 mm
Auger positioning tool
Refill set in carrying case
Fibrous web, 15 cm x 15 cm
tensioVIEW software on CD
tensioLINK® USB adapter and connecting cable
tensioLINK® T-piece junction plug
Mains power supply unit
250 mL Stainless Steel Sampling Ring for collecting additional samples for the Hyprop. Includes 2 caps.
For use in collecting intact soil cores to be used with the Hyprop. Hamerring holder for 250 mL sampling rings, length 300 mm, handle with hand protection.
Use an extension kit to run more than one soil sample at once. Run up to 10 extensions on a single Hyprop.
Phone: 800-755-2751 or