All New HYPROP-VIEW
The new HYPROP-VIEW data logging software simplifies sample-based measurements with one or several HYPROP balances: start or stop a new HYPROP measurement, or refill a HYPROP sensor unit, at any point of time - even if another HYPROP measurement is running. Both methods are supported, either if you have only one HYPROP balance with several HYPROP units, or one individual balance for each HYPROP unit. The last option now is implemented and is recommended for up to 10 balance and HYPROP sets.
Now, HYPROP balances as well as any KERN EG 2200 are automatically recognized. No need to install them manually. It has been a laborious and inaccurate necessity to correct the offset in HYPROP-FIT. In HYPROP-VIEW the offset now is conveniently determined during the refilling process.
HYPROP-VIEW creates a HYPROP-FIT data file. This eliminates the elaborate data conversion. Important: the new HYPROP-VIEW is available for users who have a HYPROP balance or a KERN EG 2200.
All New HYPROP-FIT
The new HYPROP-FIT is a major upgrade of this excellent software for the evaluation of evaporation experiments and fitting of hydraulic functions to data. It is fast, accurate, reliable and comprehensive.
- New look-and-feel user interface makes the use of the software even more intuitive.
- You can now evaluate data from samples with different geometries.
- Entries for soil specification and site description are included by default in the information window. Thus, these data are always directed connected to the measurements.
- You can now call HYPROP-FIT "on the fly" out from HYPROP-VIEW.
- It's now more convenient to import of WP4 measured data to construct retention curves across the full moisture range.
- Retention and conductivity data from external measurements can be easily added by cut-and-paste from a spreadsheet program.
- Imported data can be assigned individual weights in the fitting process.
- Best fitting software ever to describe measured data with hydraulic functions: quick, robust, accurate, and versatile.
- The new and systematic suite of hydraulic functions includes the commonly used models of Brooks and Corey, Kosugi and van Genuchten in their traditional form and as bimodal functions. Newly added is the function of Fredlund-Xing, widely used in Geotechnical Engineering and particularly suited for coarse-grained materials.
- All models are in so-called "PDI" variants available, which are particularly useful to describe hydraulic functions across the full measurement range. These functions consider adsorbed water on grain surfaces and in pore corners in both the retention and the conductivity function.
- Field capacity and plant available water content are directly calculated from the fit and shown.
- Export for HYDRUS users is improved. Any fitted function is written into a MATER.IN file that can be directly used to perform numerical simulations of water transport.
- Export in EXCEL sheets lists all data involved: raw measurements - calculated conductivity and retention data - fitted functions - parameters of fitted functions and their uncertainty.