Lots of soil moisture data was exactly what you wanted. But how can you interpret it both quickly and meaningfully? Use DataTrac 3 to transform endless columns and rows of raw data into meaningful, easily-interpreted graphs.
- Explore trends and relationships in real time.
- Adjust date ranges, add or subtract data from specific sensors, and change target bands to illustrate and explore your findings.
- Use DataTrac’s Growing Tools to combine data streams and track meaningful indicators. For example, plot vapor pressure deficit instead of just temperature and humidity. Or track reference evapotranspiration, growing degree days, plant available water, pore water EC, etc.
- Use the “virtual sensor” tool to add information you wish you had. For example, you can measure precipitation on just one logger and make that data stream a “virtual sensor” on every logger at that site.
- Automatically collect data from your Em50G and Em50R loggers. All data—including manually collected data---will be automatically organized and added to your files chronologically.
- Watch your data in real time. Data Trac 3 updates automatically while it’s running and every time it starts up.
- Add notes and ideas to the data stream. Comments and reminders can help you make sense of a growing season’s worth of data later.
- Educate and inform your team efficiently. Data Trac 3’s graphics reduce the time and expertise needed to understand soil moisture data.
- With this much data, you can spend enormous amounts of time just scrolling back and forth. Data Trac 3 lets you explore your data graphically and discover answers and unexpected insights much more quickly.
|DATATRAC 3||DATATRAC||ECH2O UTILITY||ECH2O UTILITY MOBILE|
|OS COMPATIBILITY||MS Windows XP or higher||MS Windows 98 and higher||MS Windows 98 and higher||Pocket PC 2003, Pocket PC 2003SE, or Windows Mobile 5 or higher|
|DATA DOWNLOAD CAPABILITIES||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SUPPORTED SENSORS||All Decagon sensors||Decagon sensors made before 2007||All Decagon sensors||All Decagon sensors|
Software & Downloads
- Applying Custom Water Content Calibration to Sensor Data
- Subscribing to an Em50G
- Graphing Plant Available Water
- Adding Sensor Data From Different Loggers to a Graph
- Correcting the Date on a Data Set
- Determining Field Capacity and Permanent Wilting Point
-Added device support for CTD+DG, 10TM, REC1, IRT, VP-4, T8
-Added initial support RDM25, PT150
-Resolves an issue when exporting very large data sets
-Increases EM50G timeout, to allow downloading over slower connections
-Several minor issues resolved
-Added device support for GS-1, CTD-5, CTD-10
-Added language support for Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Turkish (Known issue when generating reports in japanese characters may render incorrectly)
-Improved existing translations for Spanish, Catalan, French, German
-Added feature report options: report name from tree name instead of device name
-Various bug fixes
-New Growing Tool: Saturation Extract Electrical Conductivity
-Support for MPS-6
-CTD Water Level depth now supports feet some minor bug fixes
-New Growing Tool: Saturation Extract Electrical Conductivity
-Support for MPS-6
-CTD Water Level depth now supports feet
-Minor bug fixes
-Added Support for Spectral Reflectance sensors
-Added Support for DS-2 Sonic Anemometer
-PDF's should now render correctly on iPhone Devices
-Proxies should now be automatically detected and used when present
-Axes Colors should now properly be applied to their respective axes
-Several stability improvements -Localization improvements
-Significant performance improvements
-Fixed issues with redeploy
-Fixed issues with Chill Hours / Growing Degree Day start end End Interval
-Added additional soil calibration parameter
-Added Spanish / French
-Fixed typos and mistranslations with other languages
-Improved connection error messages
-New Feature: Batch Report Generation
-New Feature: Multiple Reports - One PDF
-Update Help file to reflect new features and changes to software
-Improved report layout
-Merged Command Line Interface (CLI) version of DataTrac with standard version to increase reliability and decrease size of installer. Please see DataTrac3 CLI Spec.pdf for details.
-Numerous other bug fixes
-Added Support for ES-2 Sensor
-Added Support for SRS Sensors
-Added Support for VP-3 Sensor
-Better Anemometer Sensor Support
-Added wind direction data to chart
-Improved tooltips on chart for anemometer
-Added mechanism to quickly duplicate plant available water settings to all ports on a device
-Auto calculate measurement intervals for growing tools that require an interval
-Auto correct corrupted timestamps for imported data
-Added support for reference evapotranspiration growing tools
-Changed groundwater depth mm measurements to better reflect expected values
-Improved port labeling when configuring a device
-Added hotkeys to quickly switch measurement units for Volumetric Water Content
-Ctrl+1 - m3/m3, Ctrl+2 - % VWC, Ctrl+3 - cm/m, Ctrl+4 - Dielectric Permittivity, Ctrl+5 - IPF
-Added Altitude to device info configuration
-Supports copying device settings between loggers
-Additional bug fixes and optimizations
-Added Catalan and German versions of DataTrac
-Localized installer for Catalan and German
-Improved speed of graph with bar charts
-Improved performance when disconnecting from Rm1
-Added Command line interface
-Added warning message in configuration dialog if measurement interval is "Off"
-Improved cellular-to-serial virtual serial port support
-Added logo into report
-Improvede sensor label in summary column header
-Added ability to surrender current registration key
-Improved logger comparision dialog to include logger name
-Change explanation text for 5TE and 5TM
-Add Data Source information to Derive Data Product configuration page
-Bug fixes with:
- Drain Gauge
- Loading some DXD Files
- Fontsize in reports
- Target axes
- Invalid dates from logger caused problems
- Improper GSM settings
- Tooltip error after report generation
- Dozens of other bug fixes!
-Added processing upcoming sensors: G3 Drain Gauge, CTD Sensor, RS3
-Sensor, GS3 Sensor.
-Improved data exportation
-Improved target range behavior
-New Longer Graph Annotations
-Fixed problems with 3.1 release related to communication with DataStations
-Improved stability and reliability of growing tools
-Improve two-way radio comm for anti-RF conditions Using the Ack/Nack method
-Fixed Time zone issues
-Improved ranged of y axis labels
-Added provision for logger name in Rm1 connection
-Summary area auto adjust
-X and Y axis rescales when changing window size
-Enable File Import to select more than one file
-Fixed issue with tooltip popup popping up at wrong point on some data sets
-Added growing tools to table view, summary view, and excel export
-Displays differences between DT3 database configuration and logger configuration
-Selecting folders displays last reading averaged at each depth with standard deviations
-Added Chill hour growing tool
-Included USB drivers with installer
-Improved registration key handling
-Improved spacing between units and values during scan
-Added solid lines on chart bottom and left borders-Tooltip was missing from bar charts
-Fixed bugs with single item time shifting and hiding of measurements
-Limited input on rename box
-Mouse over data point partially hidden by mouse pointer
-Improved robustness of communication
-Fixed problems with multiple target ranges being draw for virtual sensors
-Fixed bug with invisible axes causing problems for other axis settings
-Fixed issues with hidden measurements not staying hidden
-Fixed issues with hidden measurements showing up as interpolated data rather than really being hidden
-Fixed numerous problems with running on system with foreign characters
-Improved excel file generation
-Fixed logging issues when run in non-admin mode
-Fixed Em5b issues
-Improved report generation
-Robust handling of bad yaxis ranges
-Fixed issues with port names for some drivers
-Added additional "snap to" possiblities for x axis ranges
-Cleans up better after itself upon exit
-Minor improvements for sensor processing
-Fixed issues with daily light integral
-Fixed printing issues
-Fixed issues with redeploy
-Fixed issues with setting axis colors and ranges
-Added counts in for leaf wetness sensor
-Added "View Autoimport Directory" to help menu
-Vastly increased speed of startup and moving loggers when lots of
loggers are present on system
-Improved import of devices from DataTrac2 databases
-Improved feedback during DataTrac2 database import
-Better consistency between tree name and device name
-Fixed problems with running on systems with foreign language
characters (including accent marks over letters)
-Improved behavior of Reploy to work better with Em50Gs
-Improved behavior when dealing with bad decatime values
-Fixed problems with highlighting points when working on data with lots of partitioned segments
-Fixed issues with plant available water
-Fixed issues with user supplied annotations, although annotations previously entered will need to be reentered to make this work properly
-Added units to tooltip information
-Improved behavior of device tree
-Hidden times are not included in "period" selection
-Improved behavior of discover radio
-Added help button for plant available water growing tool
-Fixed precision issues with GS3/Davis Anemometer
-Other minor bug fixes
-Added user specified legend label for growing tools
-Fixed issue in which newly downloaded data failed to update plot
-Hovering over a trace draws trace, its axis, and its legend in bold
-Fixed units of plant available water growing tool
-Added dielectric permitivity measurement type for a few sensors
-Fixed issue with configuring data stations
-Added "Hide before date" tool to hide measurements before a specified date
-Fixed issues with redeploy
-Fixed issues with timeshifting data
-Fixed issue with axis list in configuration dialog
-Fixed issue with summary info getting lost on main screen
-Cleaned up options for volume in the preferences dialog
-Improved interval between x axis labels and tick marks; for example, the interval might be every hour rather rather than every 63 minutes
-Growing Tools can now be used for target ranges
-Redesigned plant available water settings
-Updated DataTrac archive icon (adb) and loads properly in DataTrac from double clicking file
-Fixed issues with updating Power Frequency
-Davis Anemometer's unit types (mph, km/h, etc.) have been fixed for
-Fixed summary information (number of events, etc.) for Davis Anemometer
-Fixed issues with Show/Hide data
-Fixed bugs with redeploy and connect from menu
-Fixed bug with erasing data
-Changed sensor validity determination for several sensors
-Corrected axis label for vapor pressure deficit growing tool
-Cleaned up identity Device configuration panel
-Fixed issue with clicking on a folder when configuration dialog was open
-Fixed missing external measurements issue
-Fixed issue with coefficients being lost when changing units
-Improved accuracy of "period" information on chart view
-Fixed issue with automatic plot width calculations
-Corrected gusts equation for davis anemometer
-Fixed issues with Datatrac freezing when moving devices and when downloading from Em50Gs
-Fixed issues with coefficients
-Fixed issue with "number of events" in summary view for ECRN-50s
-Fixed issues with database archives
-Fixed issues with device tree control
-Fixed 30 day trial issue with 64bit machines (such as most Windows 7 machines)
-Fixed vapor pressure growing degree tool
-Fixed EC-10 calibrations
-Fixed issue with viewing unprocessed data in table
-Added Davis Anemometer
-Reduced "Flickering" of device tree
-Improved DataTrac archive
-Fixed problems with resizing DataTrac
-Fixed radio connection initialization issues -Improved default names for backup files -Corrected battery life information
-Fixed bug with DataTrac freezing after Em50G download.
-Axes become bold when a corresponding trace in the legend is rolled over
-The Connection > Download > All Data Services will download the
latest data from all Em50Gs
-DataTrac Preferences has a setting under the "Communications" tab
to disable automatic Em50G updates or to specify the auto download
interval. This feature was implimented for users with over 10 Em50G loggers.
-There is now an "Show Measurements" option under setup which is the
opposite of "Hide Measurements"
-The calibration coefficients for volumetric water content have been
reformatted to hopefully make them easier to work with.
-Improved stability of initial device communication
-Minor bug fixes discovered by beta users
Installing DataTrac 3
1) When prompted, enter the required user information and your registration key. If you do not have a key, simply click "Evaluate DataTrac 3." This option allows you to evaluate DataTrac 3 for free for 30 days.
2) Follow the on-screen instructions to install DataTrac 3 on your PC.
Directly Connect to a Logger.
1) Connect your USB cable between the COM port on the Decagon data logger and the USB port of your computer.
2) Select the COM Port option from the Connect Via dropdown menu in the toolbar.
3) Click the connect button in the toolbar.
Configure a Logger
1) Once your logger is connected, click on Configure in your toolbar.
2) Click on Sensors and Measurements in the tree on the left and set your measurement interval.
3) Under Sensors and Measurements, select the sensor plugged into each port of the data logger from the Sensor Type dropdown menu.
Download from an Em50G
1) Select Setup > Create New > Em50G Subscription.
2) Enter the Device ID and password found on the brightly colored card that came inside your Em50G.
3) Click OK.
4) If you don't have a dataset, feel free to use a sample file. This Em50G is currently installed in an Eastern Washington vineyard. Use the following login information to check it out: Username: 5GBETA09 Password: lesh-ibid
Feedback and Bug Requests
We are committed to ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction to our DataTrac 3 customers. To this end, our development team has made it quick and easy to send your feedback directly to us. Simply click Help > Send Decagon Feedback. We look forward to hearing your suggestions.