SC-1 LEAF POROMETER FOR STOMATAL CONDUCTANCE MEASUREMENTS
Measurements: Stomatal Conductance
Accurate, Affordable, Practical Stomatal Conductance
The SC-1's breakthrough steady-state technology makes getting accurate stomatal conductance measurements affordable and practical for everyday research.
No Moving Parts
The SC-1's steady state design means that it has no moving parts. It leaves the environment alone, and instead determines stomatal conductance by measuring the actual vapor flux from the leaf through the stomates and out to the environment.
Lightweight, Easy to Carry
The porometer weighs about half a pound (300 g). You don't have to haul it around the field with a neck strap; and if you get tired of carrying it, you can put it in your pocket.
Save and Download Data
Readings can be displayed as either conductance or resistance and saved for downloading later (RS232 cable and download utility software included).
- Plant water use and water balance.
- Water stress measurements.
- Uptake of herbicides, ozone and other pollutants.
- Research on stomatal functions.
|ACCURACY||10% of measurement|
|CONDUCTANCE RANGE||0 to 1000 mmol m-2s-1|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||5 to 40°C, 0 to 100% RH, with desiccant chamber|
|POWER||Four "AA" batteries|
|BATTERY LIFE||3 years (battery drain in sleep mode < 50 μA)|
|MEASUREMENT UNITS||mmol m-2s-1, m2/s mol-1, s/m|
|DATA STORAGE||4095 measurements in flash memory|
|COMPUTER INTERFACE||9 pin serial RS232 interface|
|APERTURE DIAMETER||6.35 mm|
|SENSOR HEAD CABLE LENGTH||1.2 m (4 ft)|
|DESICCANT||Indicating DrieRite, 10-20 mesh|
|MEASUREMENT TIME||30 s (in auto mode)|
Software & Downloads
- SC-1 Leaf Porometer Firmware Updater for instrument WITH dessicant chamber (Version 1.38)
- SC-1 Leaf Porometer Firmware Updater for instrument WITHOUT dessicant chamber (Version 1.33)
- Leaf Porometer Utility (Version 1.11)
- First Look at the Steady-State Porometer
- Getting Accurate Porometer Data Cleaning Q&A
- Piñon Pine: Studying the Effects of Climate Change on Drought Tolerance
- Simple Models for Carbon Assimilation by Plants
- A Quick Guide to Calibrating the SC-1 Porometer
- And the Award for Most Creative Use of a Porometer Goes to